Hourly Rounding – What it Means for Patient Care
At JRMC, our goal is to provide excellent care to our patients. In order to reach this goal, we have implemented a more efficient and proactive approach to patient care. By making hourly rounds, we hope to anticipate your needs and meet them in a timely manner.
During your stay in our hospital, you can expect to be visited by one of your caregivers on the following schedule:
- From 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., rounding every hour
- From 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., rounding every two hours.
During Hourly Rounding
When a caregiver comes in your room for Hourly Rounding, he or she will:
- Check on you and your well-being
- Monitor your comfort and pain
- Help you move and change positions
- Assist with trips to the bathroom
Your caregivers will also make sure that you have easy access to the following:
- Bedside Table
- Water or other beverages
- Call light for assistance
- Urinal and/or bedpan
What does this Mean to You, Your Family and Visitors?
We are dedicated to anticipating your personal needs and actively monitoring your well-being on an hourly basis so that your family and friends can help you focus on your recovery.
If, at any time during your stay, you have any questions or concerns, please call one of the numbers below so we can respond immediately:
- Guest relations: (870) 541-4035, (870) 541-7662 or (870) 541-7661
- Nursing Administration: (870) 541-7770
- House Supervisor: Dial “0”
Let Us Know What You Think
After you leave the hospital, you may receive a survey regarding the care you received while you were a patient here. We hope that you will take a few minutes to give us your feedback on this survey. We use your input to recognize our staff and to know how to further exceed your expectations.