JEFFERSON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER SCHOOL OF NURSING
1600 West 40th Avenue
Pine Bluff, AR 71603
The goal of the School of Nursing is to prepare graduates who qualify to function as competent beginning practitioners of nursing in the hospital and other health care settings.
The School offers an educational program designed to prepare qualified men and women of all ages to serve the nursing needs of the community and to contribute to the maintenance of high standards of health care delivery.
Guided by our Goal Statement, the faculty selects applicants for admission to the school who best meet the criteria for admission.
Early application is encouraged for admission into the January/June classes. Deadline for June class is April 15th and the January class is October 15th . Selection for entry is on a competitive basis, as each class is limited in size by number. Selection for enrollment is based on a pre-established scoring system that includes: High School GPA, College GPA, Academic History, Interview and ACT scores (composite, as well as each of the components of the ACT).
Only completed files are reviewed for admission. All forms, documents and information submitted during the application process become the property of JRMC School of Nursing and cannot be returned or forwarded. Any false information will result in rejection for that applicant. Be sure to add date and signature where indicated on all documents and forms.
The following are required to complete the application process:
- Completed application form
- Completed rationale form
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. (mailed from school)
- Official transcript of any college courses (mailed from school)
- American College Test (ACT) score 19 or better with at least a 16 in each component (English, Math, Reading & Science) taken within the past 5 years
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) if applicable
- Personal interview with Director after application is complete
- Complete the Application in your handwriting
- Complete the Applicant Rationale form. State your reasons for choosing this nursing program
- Send an official High School transcript to the School of Nursing. The transcript will be considered official when the institution’s seal is stamped on the document. If you have completed a G.E.D., scores should be sent to the School of Nursing
- An official transcript is required from each college attended
- Have your ACT scores sent to JRMC School of Nursing (test code #0161). Applicants must score 19 or better on the composite section with at least a 16 in each component (English, Math, Reading & Science) of the ACT test. Applicants may take the National ACT (apply online at the ACT website).
- The TOEFL is required if English is the second language for the applicant. See School Catalog for more information.
An application fee of $35.00 is payable at time of interview with the Director of the School.
The applicant should refer to the School Catalog at JRMC School of Nursing for additional information of admission Polices, Selection and Admission Process, Fees, Refund Policy, and other important information.