Jefferson Hospital Association, Inc. is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization incorporated in the State of Arkansas. Jefferson Hospital Association’s primary purpose is to provide healthcare to the citizens of Southeast Arkansas. Jefferson Hospital Association, Inc., d/b/a Jefferson Regional Medical Center, the only general acute care hospital in Jefferson County, is licensed for 300 beds. JRMC serves residents of an 11 county area that includes Jefferson, Cleveland and Lincoln counties (primary service area) and Arkansas, Ashley, Bradley, Chicot, Dallas, Desha, Drew and Grant counties (secondary service area). It is estimated that approximately 65 percent of Jefferson Regional’s patients originate from its primary service area with 35 percent originating from the secondary service area.
Jefferson Regional Medical Center is committed to providing measurable quality health services in a caring environment, which fulfill the needs of our patients, physicians, employers, employees and community.
Jefferson Regional Medical Center will be widely recognized as the healthcare leader and referral center of choice for Southeast Arkansas by providing quality healthcare services in a cost effective manner.
Jefferson Regional Medical Center, as a community-owned, not-for-profit health care provider, is guided by a core set of values known as “STEER” which provides direction to the organization in achieving our mission. These values are as follows:
Stewardship – We use our resources in an effective and efficient manner.
Trust – We conduct ourselves with honesty, reliability and integrity.
Excellence – We perform at a level that meets or exceeds expectations.
Ethics – We hold ourselves to a high level of personal and corporate responsibility.
Respect – We show consideration, fairness and dignity to others.
Leading Care, Strengthening the Community, Embracing the Individual
JRMC’s strategic plan for future growth is defined by the acronym “ASCEND.”
Affiliate, Align & Grow
- Align Interests of SEARK Healthcare Providers
- Strengthen Relationships with UAMS, Arkansas Children’s Hospital and Others
- Continue to Improve Image and Service, Meeting or Exceeding Expectations
- Improve Market Share
- Generate new Revenue
- Increase Referrals
- Tell our story and improve visibility
Strengthen our Workforce & Medical Manpower
- Recruit Physicians
- Recruit Nurses & Other Healthcare Professionals
- Prime the Pipeline
- Equip and Lead the Workforce
Construct a Modern Facility
- Facility Planning, Development and Modernization
Emphasize Efficiency & Utilization
- Focus on efficiency, utilization and reimbursement to improve financial performance
Nurture Health & Community
- Provide Mutually Beneficial Community Health Services
- Launch/Support Health Campaigns
- Develop Sense of Ownership & Loyalty by the Community and to the Community
- Continually Improve Quality and Safety
Deliver Safe, High-Quality Care
- Improve the Patient, Family & Visitor Experience
Governance & Accountability
Jefferson Hospital Association, Inc. is comprised of 30 members with the primary responsibility of electing the Board of Directors. A 15-member Board of Directors conducts the business of the Association. Thirteen members are elected for six-year terms by the membership of the Association following recommendations of a Nominating Committee. In addition to the elected Directors, the Chief Executive Officer of the Association and the Chief of the Medical Staff of Jefferson Regional Medical Center are non-voting, ex-officio members of the Board of Directors as long as they hold those positions.
Focused On The Future
Within the next decade, JRMC will build a new facility to replace the current hospital. This will impact the health, wellness and economy throughout Southeast Arkansas for generations to come and will fulfill JRMC’s promise to provide quality health services to all members of our community.
Jefferson Regional Brand Promise
This is our pledge to our patients and their families, to our employees, and to the people of Southeast Arkansas.
At Jefferson Regional Medical Center, we are actively working to improve the health of the communities we serve and to transform the way we deliver care. We will always strive to improve, both inside and outside our walls, because positive change is a never-ending journey. This journey to improve health and healthcare in Southeast Arkansas begins with each of us. We will continually seek out change and innovation in order to always move forward.
What We Believe:
- We believe patient care excellence is a commitment to those we serve – one that we renew each day. We will be here to deliver high-quality, specialized healthcare that is compassionate, collaborative and individually focused.
- We believe that a culture of empathy, respect, teamwork and compassion is vital to our success.
- We believe it is essential to partner with patients and their families, making them members of the care team, in order to achieve positive outcomes.
- We believe in taking a strong leadership role in improving the health of our communities, today and in the future. We recognize the importance of partnering and aligning with other organizations to achieve this goal.
We are inspired each day by the potential of Southeast Arkansas and the people making a difference in it. Together we will make our communities healthier places to live, work and grow.
This is a promise we make, because it is the right thing to do.