Car Seat Safety Checks:
Jefferson Regional’s Certified Child Safety Technicians will inspect your infant carrier, car seat or booster seat to make sure it’s installed properly and will educate you on how to keep it that way. The service is FREE and is offered Monday through Friday by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call the Corporate Education Department at (870) 541-7333.
Joint Replacement Class
Individuals preparing for hip or knee replacement at Jefferson Regional are invited to learn about their upcoming procedure from a member of our orthopedic nursing staff. Those who are considering hip or knee replacement can attend our seminar.
Classes are free and held every Monday from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. and Thursday from 10 – 11 a.m. (from 10:30 to 11:30 every third Thursday of the month) in classrooms M and C. For complete details, call (870) 541-7763 or (870) 541-7265.
Jefferson Regional offers a variety of maternal/child classes to the community at no charge. A list is provided below with a description of topics discussed during these courses. Registration for these classes is required. For complete details, call Jefferson Regional Corporate Education Department at (870) 541-7333.
- Preparing for Baby – (4 hours) Course is targeted to first-time parents and provides an overview of most maternal/child topics including: comfort measures during late pregnancy, labor and delivery basics, newborn care, infant feeding, postpartum care, car seat basics and a tour of the maternal/child unit.
- Baby Center Tour – (1 hour) Tour of maternal/child unit including labor and delivery, nursery and postpartum unit. Group discussion is encouraged throughout tour, and there is time for questions related to each area.
- Breastfeeding – (1 hour) Course on the basics of breastfeeding, including key techniques for success and solutions to common problems.
- Infant/Child CPR – (1 hour) Overview of Infant and Child CPR and choking. Note: This is not a certification course.
- Sibling Tour – (1 hour) Course designed for expectant siblings ages 3-12. Children must be accompanied by an adult during the course. Includes tour of maternal/child unit including labor and delivery and postpartum unit. Group discussion encouraged throughout tour and there is time for questions related to each area.