At this time, adult volunteers are needed in the following JRMC areas:
- Intensive Care Waiting Room – Hostess
- I-530 Medical Mall – Lobby Hostess
- JRMC Information Desk – 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Volunteers must fill out an application, and if they wish, can join the JRMC Auxiliary for $5 a year. Auxiliary membership, however, is not required to be a volunteer. The Auxiliary conducts a number of fundraisers throughout the year such as scrub sales, jewelry sale and the annual Christmas Tree Lighting, and uses the money to support JRMC programs. For more information about JRMC’s adult volunteer program, call (870) 541-7269.
About the JRMC Auxiliary
The Auxiliary was founded in 1938 at Davis Hospital and transitioned with JRMC in late 1960. Their purpose is to provide volunteer service for humanitarian, religious or charitable reason to the community.
- President – Eula Liddell
- President Elect – Barbara Goodwin
- Recording Secretary – Nedra White
- Corresponding Secretary – Shirley Johnson
- Treasurer – Shirley Jacob
- Volunteer Coordinator – Debbie Tole
2017 Hours Volunteered – 10,189.75
- $3,500.00 in scholarships to School of Nursing students
- Donation for new front door construction
- Communication boards throughout the hospital
- Infant Car Seats
- Platinum Sponsor for Mamies Poppy Plates (plates made for women who have lost a baby)
- Sponsor of “Look Before You Lock” program (raising awareness about the dangers of leaving children in a hot vehicle)
- Alzheimer’s Patients Project
Why Join the Auxiliary
The 2018 National Volunteer theme is “Volunteers Have a Heart of Gold”. We see the benefits of your generous service on a daily basis as you go about serving as ambassadors representing our organization. Although there is no financial gain, volunteering can have many positive benefits. Volunteering can produce a feeling of self worth, respect, skill development and socializing. There are many different reasons that each of you volunteer, with maybe no two reasons being alike, but whatever the reason, we are so grateful that you choose to volunteer at JRMC.
Winston Churchill once said, “ We make a living by what we do, but we make a life by what we give.” We thank you for your giving. Keep sowing your seeds, because you never know which one will grow.