Jefferson Regional School of Nursing
1600 West 40th Avenue – Pine Bluff, AR 71603
The goal of the School of Nursing is to prepare graduates who qualify to function as competent beginning practitioners of nursing in the hospital and other health care settings.
The School offers an educational program designed to prepare qualified men and women of all ages to serve the nursing needs of the community and to contribute to the maintenance of high standards of health care delivery.
Guided by our Goal Statement, the faculty selects applicants for admission to the school who best meet the criteria for admission.
Early application is encouraged for admission into the January/June classes. Deadline for June class is April 15th and the January class is October 15th . Selection for entry is on a competitive basis, as each entering class is limited in size by number. Selection for enrollment is based on a pre-established scoring system that includes: High School GPA, College GPA, Academic History, and ATI TEAS test score.
Only completed files are reviewed for admission. All forms, documents and information submitted during the application process become the property of JRMC School of Nursing and cannot be returned or forwarded. Any false information will result in rejection for that applicant. Be sure to add date and signature where indicated on all documents and forms.
The following are required to complete the application process:
- Completed application form
- Completed rationale form
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. (mailed from school)
- Official transcript of any college courses (mailed from school)
- A score of a minimum of 57 on the ATI TEAS EXAM. (Instructions attached)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) if applicable
- Personal interview with Director after application is complete
- Complete the Application in your handwriting
- Complete the Applicant Rationale form. State your reasons for choosing this nursing program
- Send an official High School transcript to the School of Nursing. The transcript will be considered official when the institution’s seal is stamped on the document. If you have completed a G.E.D., scores should be sent to the School of Nursing
- An official transcript is required from each college attended
- Bring/mail your ATI TEAS scores to JRMC School of Nursing.
- The TOEFL is required if English is the second language for the applicant. See School Catalog for more information.
An application fee of $35.00 is payable at time of completion of application process.
The applicant should refer to the School Catalog at https://www.jrmc.org/schoolofnursing for additional information of admission Polices, Selection and Admission Process, Fees, Refund Policy, and other important information.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE ATI TEAS TEST
SEARK is a testing site for the TEAS Exam.
Cost is $70.00
Test is given on Wednesdays at 8:30 AM & 1:00 PM. You must be registered 24 hours prior to test date.
A MINIMUM SCORE OF 57 IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION INTO JRMC SCHOOL OF NURSING
To Register for Test Go to the Website listed below:
STEP 1: Sign in or create a new user account. (NOTE: If you have ever been registered with ATI, do not sign in as a new user. Use your old account.)
YOU MAY TAKE THE TEAS EXAM A MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) TIMES.
THERE IS STUDY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE IN ORDER TO TEST.
TEAS TEST MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS
UPON FINISHING EXAM, PRINT (2) COPIES OF RESULTS, (1) FOR SEARK & (1) TO BE BROUGHT TO THE SCHOOL OF NURSING
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OF NURSING. (870) 541-7858.