and General Information
Application Deadline is November 1, 2020
All inquiries or correspondence for admission should be directed to:
JRMC School of Nursing
1600 West 40th Avenue
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
Office hours for the School of Nursing are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The telephone number for the Registrar is (870)541-7858; E-mail address, email@example.com.
A class is admitted each January/July. Completed applications are reviewed and acted upon by the APRG (Admissions, Promotion, Recruitment and Graduation) Committee and/or Director.
JRMC School of Nursing is not certified on SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System), and therefore cannot accept international students on Student Visas, or applicants who are not U.S. citizens.
- High School Graduate/GED
- ATI TEAS score of at least a 60 (Instructions attached)
- High School and College Transcripts
- Current Immunizations
- Current CPR certification
- ACT (score will not be used to determine admission)
- Letter of Good Standing if previously enrolled in a nursing program
Pre-Requisite Education Requirements
- English Composition I (ENGL 1313) (3 hours)
- English Composition II (ENGL 1323) (3 hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIOL 2454) (4 hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIOL 2464) (4 hours)
- Microbiology (BIOL 2474) (4 hours)
- College Algebra (MATH 1333) (3 hours)
- General Psychology (PSYC 2303) (3 hours)
All prerequisite courses are required to be completed before acceptance into the program. A copy of all immunizations and CPR certification is required before admission into the program.
Ability-to-benefit and/or applicants without a high school diploma or GED are ineligible for admissions.
Early application is encouraged for admission into the January/July classes. Deadline for July class is May 15th and the January class is November 1st. Selection for entry is on a competitive basis, as each entering class is limited in size by number. Selection for enrollment is based on a pre-established scoring system that includes: High School GPA, College GPA, Academic History, and ATI TEAS test score.
Only completed files are reviewed for admission. All forms, documents and information submitted during the application process become the property of JRMC School of Nursing and cannot be returned or forwarded. Any false information will result in rejection for that applicant. Be sure to add date and signature where indicated on all documents and forms.
The following are required to complete the application process:
- Completed application form
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. (mailed from school)
- Official transcript of any college courses (mailed from school)
- A score of a minimum of 60 on the ATI TEAS EXAM. (Instructions attached)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) if applicable
- Complete the Application in your handwriting
- Complete the Applicant Rationale form. State your reasons for choosing this nursing program
- Send an official High School transcript to the School of Nursing. The transcript will be considered official when the institution’s seal is stamped on the document. If you have completed a G.E.D., scores should be sent to the School of Nursing
- An official transcript is required from each college attended
- Bring/mail your ATI TEAS scores to JRMC School of Nursing.
- The TOEFL is required if English is the second language for the applicant. See School Catalog for more information.
An application fee of $35.00 is payable at time of completion of application process.
The applicant should refer to the School Catalog at https://www.jrmc.org/schoolofnursing for additional information of admission Polices, Selection and Admission Process, Fees, Refund Policy, and other important information.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE ATI TEAS TEST
SEARK is a testing site for the TEAS Exam.
Cost is $70.00
Test is given on Wednesdays at 8:30 AM & 1:00 PM. You must be registered 24 hours prior to test date.
A MINIMUM SCORE OF 60 IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION INTO JRMC SCHOOL OF NURSING
To Register for Test Go to the Website listed below:
STEP 1: Sign in or create a new user account. (NOTE: If you have ever been registered with ATI, do not sign in as a new user. Use your old account.)
YOU MAY TAKE THE TEAS EXAM A MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) TIMES.
THERE IS STUDY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE IN ORDER TO TEST.
TEAS TEST MUST BE DONE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS
UPON FINISHING EXAM, PRINT (2) COPIES OF RESULTS, (1) FOR SEARK & (1) TO BE BROUGHT TO THE SCHOOL OF NURSING
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OF NURSING. (870) 541-7858.