and General Information
Admission Requirements and General Information
All inquiries or correspondence for admission should be directed to:
Jefferson Regional School of Nursing
1600 West 40th Avenue
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603
Office hours for the School of Nursing are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. A class is admitted each January/July. Completed applications are reviewed and acted upon by the APRG (Admissions, Promotion, Recruitment and Graduation) Committee and Director.
- Admission Requirements
- High School Graduate/GED
- ATI TEAS score of at least a 60%
- High School and College Transcripts
- Current CPR Certification through American Heart Association BLS Provider
- ACT (score will NOT be used to determine admission, but is required)
- Letter of Good Standing if previously enrolled in a nursing program
- Current Immunizations
- Pre-Requisite Education Requirements
- English Composition I (ENGL 1313) (3 hours)
- English Composition II (ENGL 1323) (3 hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIOL 2454) (4 hours)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIOL 2464) (4 hours)
- Microbiology (BIOL 2474) (4 hours)
- College Algebra (MATH 1333) (3 hours)
- General Psychology (PSYC 2303) (3 hours)
* Anatomy & Physiology I and II must be less than 5 years old
All prerequisite courses are required to be completed before acceptance into the program. A copy of all immunizations and CPR certification is required before admission into the program.
Ability-to-benefit and/or applicants without a high school diploma or GED are ineligible for admissions.
Jefferson Regional School of Nursing is not certified on SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System), and therefore cannot accept international students on Student Visas, or applicants who are not U.S. citizens.
Early application is encouraged for admission into the January/July classes. Deadline for July class is June 1st and the January class is November 1st. Selection for entry is on a competitive basis, as each entering class is limited in size by number. Selection for enrollment is based on a pre-established scoring system that includes: High School GPA, College GPA, Academic History, and ATI TEAS test score.
Only completed files are reviewed for admission. All forms, documents and information submitted during the application process become the property of Jefferson Regional School of Nursing and cannot be returned or forwarded. Any false information will result in rejection for that applicant. Be sure to add date and signature where indicated on all documents and forms.
The following are required to complete the application process:
- Completed application form
- Official high school transcript or G.E.D. (emailed or mailed from school)
- Official transcript of any college courses (emailed or mailed from school)
- A score of a minimum of 60 on the ATI TEAS EXAM. (Instructions attached)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL) if applicable
- Complete the Application in your handwriting
- Complete the Applicant Rationale form. State your reasons for choosing this nursing program
- Send an official High School transcript to the School of Nursing. The transcript will be considered official when the institution’s seal is stamped on the document. If you have completed a G.E.D., scores should be sent to the School of Nursing
- An official transcript is required from each college attended
- Bring/mail your ATI TEAS scores to Jefferson Regional School of Nursing.
- The TOEFL is required if English is the second language for the applicant. See School Catalog for more information.
An application fee of $35.00 is payable at time of completion of application process.
The applicant should refer to the School Catalog at https://www.jrmc.org/schoolofnursing for additional information of admission Polices, Selection and Admission Process, Fees, Refund Policy, and other important information.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OF NURSING. (870) 541-7858.