Have you applied for financial aid?
- To apply for financial aid complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- To apply for State financial assistance go to http://www.adhe.edu
For A Federal Direct Stafford Loan
Step 1. Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the Department of Education’s online application which is required for anyone requesting federal financial aid. JRMC School of Nursing code is 016498. Once you have completed this form, the information will be sent to our office.
Step 2. If you are a first time Stafford Loan borrower, complete an online Entrance Counseling session. You must complete the Stafford Entrance Counseling. This is an online loan counseling session which will take about 30 minutes to complete.
Step 3. Complete the Federal Direct Loan Application and Master Promissory Note. If you are a first time borrower through the Federal Direct Student Loan Program, you must apply for the Stafford Loan on the Department of Education’s website and electronically sign the Master Promissory Note.
Apply for all scholarships for which you meet the qualifications. There are many free on-line scholarship searches, including:
- Fund My Future
- The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- College Board Pay for College
- Fastweb Scholarship Search
- SallieMae College Answer
- ScholarshipMonkey 2.0
- CampusRN Scholarships:
Scholarships for Arkansas Residents
Local Scholarship Resources:
- Civic clubs, organizations, foundations and churches
- Private sources