What to Expect
In order to complete the admission criteria for full acceptance please submit an official transcript indicating successful completion of all required college courses with a “C” or better.
Also, in order to comply with requirements of several agencies used for clinical experiences at our school, all new and returning students must pass a background check and drug screening prior to being in the clinical areas. These will be performed during the first few days of the program at the students’ expense.
Please mark your calendar and start getting prepared to begin the journey through our eclectic nursing curriculum. The first day of class for “Foundations of Nursing”-Nursing 101 will be Wednesday, January 2, 2019 from 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. in Classroom “A” at the school of nursing. It is extremely important that you plan now to attend the entire session. Lots of new information will be shared. Here are some of the items on the agenda for that day:
- Nursing textbooks for the course will be available for purchase. This amount will be due at the time of purchase, payable by check, money order, credit card, or cash (exact change, please). It is highly recommended that you purchase your books through the School of Nursing in order to obtain student resources available through the text.
- Information on purchase of uniforms and needed supplies will be provided.
- Please bring immunization records to have copied. Immunization records should include diphtheria/tetanus/pertussis booster within the past 5 years, MMR vaccine (2) injections and Hepatitis B vaccine (series of 3 injections) or a signed waiver indicating refusal to receive the Hepatitis B vaccine. Waivers will be available.
- Please bring current American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification card, or make arrangements to complete an American Heart Association BLS CPR class
- Please dress appropriately for touring the JRMC facility. Wear comfortable shoes. Please bring your lunch or cash/credit card to eat in the JRMC cafeteria.
- Please park only in the school parking lot or in the employee parking lot between the school and JRMC.
- Please be prepared to take a basic math test.