What to Expect
In order to complete the admission criteria for full acceptance please submit an official transcript indicating successful completion of all required college courses with a “C” or better.
Also, in order to comply with requirements of several agencies used for clinical experiences at our school, all new and returning students must pass a background check and drug screening prior to being in the clinical areas.
Please mark your calendar and start getting prepared to begin the journey through our eclectic nursing curriculum. N101: Foundations of Nursing begins in January and June of each year. Prior to the beginning of class, orientation will be held. It is extremely important that you plan to attend the entire session. Items on the agenda for that day include:
- Drug Screening $20 (Rapid Response) due at time of screening.
Healthcare Plus located at I-530 Medical Mall, 4747 Dusty Lake Drive, Suite G-1 (Please call the School Office for your specific time).
NOTE: If your sample has to be sent off for further review (some medications will create a positive drug screen), you will be expected to pay an additional $41.00 at the time of screening. Please BRING to the nurse at Health Care Plus any medications that may cause your drug screen to be positive to prevent additional charges (other than the send-off fee) from being incurred.
- Bring ATI TEAS test score. A minimum score of 57 is required. (Instructions for TEAS test attached)
- Please bring immunization records to have copied. Immunization records should include current TDap; proof of (2) MMR vaccines and/or titers; proof of varicella x 2 or a positive history of disease and/or titers; proof of hepatitis B vaccine (series of 3 injections) and/or positive titers or a signed waiver indicating refusal to receive the Hepatitis vaccine, current TB skin test; and annual flu shot.
- Please bring your current American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification card. If you are needing CPR certification, the School of Nursing will offer a class on this date. Cost for course is $45.00. (Please bring cash)
- In order to comply with requirements of several agencies used for clinical experiences at our school, all new and returning students must pass a background check. These will be performed at the students’ expense. The total cost will be $42.00.
- Fitting of uniforms.
- Please park only in the school parking lot or in the employee parking lot between the school and JRMC.
- Please be prepared to take a basic math test.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAKING THE ATI TEAS TEST
SEARK is a testing site for the TEAS Exam.
Cost is $70.00
Test is given on Wednesdays at 8:30 AM & 1:00 PM. You must be registered 24 hours prior to test date.
A MINIMUM SCORE OF 57 IS REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION INTO JRMC SCHOOL OF NURSING
To Register for Test Go to the Website listed below:
Sign in or create a new user account. (NOTE: If you have ever been registered with ATI, do not sign in as a new user. Use your old account.)
YOU MAY TAKE THE TEAS EXAM A MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) TIMES.
THERE IS STUDY MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE IN ORDER TO TEST.
UPON FINISHING EXAM, PRINT (2) COPIES OF RESULTS, (1) FOR SEARK & (1) TO BE BROUGHT TO THE SCHOOL OF NURSING
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OF NURSING. (870) 541-7858.