What to Expect
In order to complete the admission criteria for full acceptance please submit an official transcript indicating successful completion of all required college courses with a “C” or better.
Also, in order to comply with requirements of several agencies used for clinical experiences at our school, all new and returning students must pass a background check and drug screening prior to being in the clinical areas.
Please mark your calendar and start getting prepared to begin the journey through our eclectic nursing curriculum. N101: Foundations of Nursing begins in January and June of each year. Prior to the beginning of class, orientation will be held. It is extremely important that you plan to attend the entire session. Items on the agenda for that day include:
- Drug Screening $20 (Rapid Response) due at time of screening.
Healthcare Plus located at I-530 Medical Mall, 4747 Dusty Lake Drive, Suite G-1 (Please call the School Office for your specific time).
NOTE: If your sample has to be sent off for further review (some medications will create a positive drug screen), you will be expected to pay an additional $41.00 at the time of screening. Please BRING to the nurse at Health Care Plus any medications that may cause your drug screen to be positive to prevent additional charges (other than the send-off fee) from being incurred.
- ATI Teas Admission Exam The fee is $65.00. (Check, cash or money order).
- Please bring immunization records to have copied. Immunization records should include current TDap; proof of (2) MMR vaccines and/or titers; proof of varicella x 2 or a positive history of disease and/or titers; proof of hepatitis B vaccine (series of 3 injections) and/or positive titers or a signed waiver indicating refusal to receive the Hepatitis vaccine, current TB skin test; and annual flu shot.
- Please bring your current American Heart Association Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification card. If you are needing CPR certification, the School of Nursing will offer a class on this date. Cost for course is $45.00. (Please bring cash)
- In order to comply with requirements of several agencies used for clinical experiences at our school, all new and returning students must pass a background check. These will be performed at the students’ expense. The total cost will be $42.00.
- Fitting of uniforms.
- Please park only in the school parking lot or in the employee parking lot between the school and JRMC.
- Please be prepared to take a basic math test.