JRMC respects the right of patients to make complaints, including concerns about quality of care received, and to expect that such complaints will be reviewed and efforts made to reach a satisfactory and mutually agreeable resolution. Written compliments or concerns may be addressed to Executive Office, JRMC, 1600 West 40th, Pine Bluff, AR 71603.
If you have a special concern or need during your stay, please contact a nurse or Guest Relations Representative at (870) 541-7662.
JRMC respects the rights of the patient and recognizes that each patient has unique healthcare needs. Because JRMC respects each patient’s personal dignity, the hospital shall provide considerate and respectful care focused on the patient’s individual needs.
JRMC shall assist the patient in the exercise of the patient’s rights and shall inform him or her of any responsibilities incumbent on the patient in the exercise of those rights.
- Impartial access to treatment or accommodations regardless of race, creed, sex, national origin, religion, handicap, or source of payment for care.
- Be treated with every consideration of privacy and to have property treated with respect.
- Expect confidential treatment of all information concerning care and medical records, including source of payment.
- Receive information from the physician concerning the patient’s condition in a language he/she can understand, in order to make decisions regarding care and treatment.
- Receive information from the physician necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of any procedure and/or treatment and to accept or refuse medical care or treatment to the extent of the law.
- Be told if medical treatment is for experimental research and to consent or refuse to participate in such research.
- Know the identity and professional status of individuals providing service and to know which physician is primarily responsible for the patient’s care.
- Have an advanced directive such as a Living Will or Healthcare Proxy and to expect JRMC to honor these directives to the extent permitted by law and hospital policy.
- Have access to information in the patient’s medical records and to be told of JRMC’s policies and procedures for release and disclosure of these records.
- Raise questions regarding ethical issues and to expect assistance in answering these questions.
- Not be transferred to another facility unless the patient has received a complete explanation of the need for transfer, and until the transfer is acceptable to the receiving facility.
- Be informed of any healthcare requirements following discharge from the hospital and/or of the need to transfer to another healthcare facility.
- Leave the hospital even against the advice of the physician. If the patient decides to leave the hospital against the physician’s advice, the hospital will not be responsible for any harm to the patient.
- Examine and receive an itemized and detailed explanation of the total bill from JRMC upon request.
- Make complaints and express concerns about treatment orally or in writing without fear of reprisal
- Have his/her cultural, spiritual and psychosocial values respected.
- Be informed of the rules and regulations applicable to his/her conduct as a patient.
- Expect reasonable safety and security insofar as the hospital practices and environment are concerned.
- Have appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Freedom from all forms of harassment and abuse.
- Obtain an explanation as to the relationship, if any, of the hospital, or any physician practicing at the hospital, to any other healthcare facility or educational institution, insofar as said relationship relates to the patient’s care and treatment.
- Have a family member representative and his/her own physician, notified promptly upon admission to the hospital.
- Decide which family members and friends may be included in his/her treatment or care while in the hospital.