The Same Day Surgery Unit is located on the first floor of the main JRMC facility. An additional same day surgical unit, JRMC Surgery Center, is located in Jefferson Professional Center I (JPCI). Both units are designed to provide care for patients, like you, who may or may not be admitted to JRMC the same day their surgery is performed. To get to the surgery waiting area, enter JRMC through the main lobby, take an immediate left and walk down the hall until you enter the waiting area.
Visitor parking is located in the parking garage on 40th Avenue and in the parking areas adjacent to JPCI.
If your surgery is scheduled for the main hospital, you are requested to enter JRMC through the main lobby, walk past the information desk and continue down the hallway until you arrive at Admissions, located on the left, and sign in. If you are scheduled for surgery at the Jefferson Surgery Center then you will sign in at the desk in the surgery waiting area.
Based on the surgery you have scheduled and your medical history, it may be possible for you to register in advance. Contact Centralized Scheduling for details. Their numbers are (870) 541-7393, 541-8771 or 541-8772.
Your physician will determine when you will be discharged on the day of your surgery. Because of the medications that you will be given during surgery you will not be allowed to drive yourself home so you will need to have someone with you. For those who have no transportation, JRMC will provide it for you. Please tell our staff in advance if you require our assistance with transportation.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes to help avoid post-op discomfort.
- Leave jewelry at home. You will be asked to remove ALL jewelry, contacts, dentures, etc. prior to surgery.
- Do not eat, drink, dip, smoke, or chew anything after midnight the night before your procedure.
- Bring your daily medications to the hospital with you the morning of your procedure.
- You must have someone to drive you home when you are discharged.
- Leave additional clothing, suitcases, toiletries, etc. in your vehicle until you are assigned a room if an overnight stay is required.
- If you take blood thinners, please ask your physician if you should continue taking these medications.
Contact you physician immediately if you become ill and/or have a temperature greater than 100.5 degrees prior to your scheduled procedure.
For patients under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present to sign consents and must be present at ALL times in the waiting room while the patient is in the Operating Suite.
The patient or designated family member will be contacted the day prior to the scheduled procedure with instructions on arrival time. If you have not been contacted by 3 p.m. the day before your procedure, please call (870) 541-7126 or (870) 541-7129 or (870) 541-7128.
It is recommended that patients not bring valuables such as jewelry and money to the hospital. If patients have valuables, we recommend sending them home with a friend or relative. The hospital cannot be responsible for any personal property kept in a patient’s room. However, valuables can be collected by JRMC Security and stored in the hospital safe until discharge.