Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
The inpatient rehabilitation is a 27 bed unit consisting of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Pathology all working together to help you obtain functional independence. Our program is certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), employs the only Arkansas Certified Stroke Therapist and has a high success rate with more than 80 percent of discharged patients returning to homes and productive lives.
Through careful evaluation, our team of physicians, nurses, therapists and social workers can treat existing problems and provide preventative healthcare tips for individuals with a wide variety of needs. Our therapy services team can manage diagnoses including strokes, orthopedic injuries, neurological problems, and other health issues that interfere with the patient’s ability to function in daily life.
- Independence and Strength
- Medical Stability
- Self-Care Skills
Depending on your needs and goals, your rehab plan may consist of the following:
- Physical therapy which involves pecialized exercises and equipment designed to help you build physical strength and endurance, retrain muscles and improve balance and coordination.
- Occupational therapy which works on increasing your independence and safety in activities of daily life, like getting dressed, taking a shower or cooking a meal.
- Speech therapy which helps you improve communication through speech clarity, language, comprehension and expression. It can also assist you with safe swallowing.
- Pain management and orthotic/prosthetic management
- Recreational therapy
- Pastoral Care
- A two-night stay in our Transitional Living Unit, a small apartment. This unique component includes a kitchen, bedroom and bath and allows individuals to be sure they are completely self-sufficient before leaving rehab.
You’ll receive a specific number hours of therapy per day determined by your specific needs and will be seen by a hospitalist for your medical care.
Your interdisciplinary rehabilitation team will meet with you and your loved ones consistently to ensure everyone is working toward the common goal of your successful recover. The meetings are interactive and input on your care from you and your loved ones are essential and welcomed.
JRMC’s Medical Director of Inpatient Rehabilitation, Jacquelyn Sue Frigon, M.D. will oversee your progress during your stay. Dr. Frigon has been a practicing Neurologist in the community for over 30 years.
At JRMC’s Outpatient Rehabilitation Center, we want to keep you in motion. Rehabilitation services at JRMC seek to provide full restorative care to the patient. Highly skilled professionals offer assistance ranging from physical, occupational and speech therapy to sports medicine care. Our team of professionals will work closely with you and your physician to develop the right rehab plan following your illness or injury.
- Cervical sprains/strains
- Total knee replacement
- Stress fractures
- Total hip replacement
- Ankle fractures and sprains
- Knee ligamentous injuries
- Shoulder/arm fracture
- Rotator cuff repair
- Tendon injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve injury
- Tennis Elbow
- Degenerative disc disease
- Back pain
- Lumber discectomy
- Spinal fusion
- Herniated disc
- Cognitive deficits
- Voice disorders
Various treatment techniques are employed to meet the goals established by the physician and the rehabilitation team. These techniques include: heat, cold packs, electrical stimulation, traction, ultrasound, massage, hydrotherapy, diathermy, therapeutic exercises, gait training, splinting, education, activities of daily living, leisure activities, communication skills, swallowing evaluations and patient support.
JRMC’s Outpatient Rehab Locations:
1609 West 40th, Pine Bluff, AR in the Jefferson Professional Center I – (870) 541-7645
1600 West Holland Avenue, White Hall, AR 71602 – (870) 850-8020
Wound Care Center
The JRMC Wound Care Center has partnered with Healogics, an expert in wound healing. Healogics is the nation’s leading wound care management company, providing high-quality wound care and consulting services to nearly 800 hospitals across the United States. The affiliation allows JRMC access to advanced healing technologies including hyperbaric oxygen therapy management.
The Wound Care Center is the only center in Southeast Arkansas exclusively committed to treating your wounds. The Wound Care Center provides comprehensive care to those suffering from chronic wounds. This service is brought to you by our team of specialized nurses and experienced physicians that will customize the most effective treatment plan to stimulate healing and return you to your life as quickly as possible.
What Is A Chronic Wound?
A chronic wound is a wound that has failed to respond to treatment after four weeks or hasn’t healed entirely in two months. The healing process is often affected by underlying conditions such as diabetes, circulation problems or previous cancer treatment. If left untreated, chronic wounds can have serious health consequences that may affect your quality of life.
CHRONIC WOUND EVALUATION AND TREATMENT:
Treatment will focus on the cause of the wound, co-existing conditions that will affect the potential for healing, and wound management procedures. After initial diagnosis, a physician will work together with you to create a personalized treatment plan. You will then visit the Wound Care Center for specialized treatments and documentation of your healing progress.
Individuals can refer themselves to the Wound Center, but in most cases it’s a physician who recommends specialized wound care. Call your wound care doctor immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Increasing redness around the wound
- A red streak spreading from the wound
- Increased wound drainage
Reasons Individuals Seek Specialized Treatment For Chronic Wounds:
- Diabetic and pressure ulcers
- Ulcers due to poor circulation
- Burns or other traumatic wounds
- Complicated post-op wounds
- Those due to infection or radiation
- Any non-healing or slow healing wound
Treatment Options Available:
- Physician management and debridement
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Wound Vac technology
- Application of topical growth factors
- Application of advanced wound dressings
- Application of biological skin substitutes
- Application of advanced topical medications
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Our wound care center features state-of-the-art hyperbaric oxygen therapy, a treatment that delivers high concentrations of 100% oxygen into the bloodstream. This assists in the healing process of wounds and can help the body fight certain types of infections. It also stimulates the growth of new blood vessels, which can improve circulation and wound healing.
Ask your physician if a referral to the JRMC Wound Center might be the right option for you. Physician referral is not necessary. For more information, please call (870) 541-8747.
JRMC Wound Care Center
1609 W. 40th Ave., Suite 102
Pine Bluff, AR 71603
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Program
If you have experienced a cardiac event such as a heart attack, or have been diagnosed with a lung disorder such as COPD, the JRMC Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab Program offers rehabilitation services that not only help you return to normal health, we give you the tools that enable you and your family to stay that way. The Rehab program offers you a physically and emotionally supportive place where you can recover at your own pace under the supervision of trained nurses that monitor your vitals and provide direction and encouragement throughout the session.
Benefits of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab programs help you rebuild your strength and endurance gradually and safely in our advanced rehabilitation center that features treadmills, bicycles, and a selection of exercise equipment. Cardiac and pulmonary rehab programs have proven to help individuals with the following:
- Increased energy, strength and stamina
- Decreased shortness of breath
- Decreased anxiety and improved self-reliance
- Increased participation in daily activities
- Better understanding of disease process and management
- Develop breathing techniques and manage shortness of breath episodes
- Return to work and activities of daily living more quickly
- Develop coping, and stress reduction skills, and relaxation techniques
- Reduced need for emergency room visits or hospitalizations
Participation in this program must be ordered by your physician. For more information, call (870) 541-7898.